General: We may collect information about you, including but not limited to Personal Information, when you provide it to us in the course of requesting, purchasing, registering for, and/or viewing the Services on our website or otherwise provide it directly to us.
Payment Information: You might provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect certain information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
Your use of the Services: We may keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; and frequently used search terms.
Device and Connection Information: We may collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience.
Website analytics: We use multiple web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics to collect information about how you interact with our website, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. These analytics technologies store this information on our behalf in a pseudonymized user profile. The web analytics tools are contractually forbidden to sell any of the data collected on their behalf. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (e.g.: Google for Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies. You can control the technologies by utilizing settings in your browser or third-party tools, such as Disconnect, Ghostery and others.
How we use your Personal Information
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests: We will not share such information with other third parties, except in response to formal requests (e.g., subpoena, court order, or other statutory or law enforcement requests) made in connection with disputes, litigation, arbitration, or criminal proceedings or investigations, relating to a domain name registration or the Services which we provide.
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management.
Communicating with you: We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or Services you have signed up for or purchased from us, as necessary to deliver transactional or Service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable pursuant to your consent which may have been provided as part of the registration or sign-up process, or where otherwise permitted. These contacts may include email and telephone calls.
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by signing into your account and visiting the “Account Settings” page.
You may opt out of receiving information from us simply by notifying us of your desire in accordance with the opt-out instructions contained in any information message you receive from us. Note, however, that in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we must continue sending you notices and other important information affecting your account or services.
Transfer of Personal Information abroad: If you utilize our Services from a country other than the country where our servers are located, your communications with us may result in transferring your Personal Information across international borders.
Targeted advertisements: Interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages, other websites, and on the Services you currently use. These offers may display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. We also may partner with third parties to manage our advertising on our webpages and other websites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about such activities in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests, and to measure advertising effectiveness.
How we store and secure information we collect
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the Personal Information and data which we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain Personal Information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are an individual resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You may be required to identify yourself as a person to which the GDPR is applicable in order for us to extend GDPR-mandated privacy requirements to you, and reserve our rights to deny provision of the Services to you if we in our sole discretion determine that we want to provide the Services only to persons resident in Canada. If you are a resident of the EEA and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may find out more information, including about the complaint procedure, here: https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your Personal Information, may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.