- Enhance knowledge of emerging evidence in the field of psychedelic substances for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders.
- Build relationships between stakeholders in the fields of psychedelics research, prescribing, and regulating, to assist in moving research into policy and practice.
- Highlight the need for investment in psychedelics research.
- Build interest in the 2022 From Research to Reality conference.
The first webinar in the series was held on April 22, 2021, on The intersection of science and spirit in psychedelics research.
On Earth Day 2021, this webinar will feature a conversation among key scholars and practitioners in the psychedelics field, discussing their viewpoints on the relationship between Western scientific concepts and traditional/metaphysical concepts of spirituality in psychedelics research.
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. EDT
- Dawn Davis, PhD Candidate, Law, Management, and Policy, University of Idaho
- Joe Tafur, MD, Integrative Medicine activist and author
- Keith McCoy, MD, Psychiatrist and public behavioral health policy expert
- Anne Vallely, PhD, Associate Professor, Classics and Religious Studies, University of Ottawa
- Dr David Nutt (Imperial College London UK) PhD
- Dr Matthew Johnson (Johns Hopkins University) PhD
- Dawn Davis (University of Idaho) MA, PhD (cand.)
- Dr Kenneth Tupper (University of British Columbia, University of Victoria) PhD
- Ifetayo Harvey (POC Psychedelics Collective) BA
- Dr Margaret Robinson (Dalhousie University) PhD
- Lisa Yeager MSW
- Dr Joseph Tafur MD
- Dr Katrin Preller PhD
- Dr Franz Vollenweider MD
- Dr Elias Dakwar M
- Dr Bia Labate PhD
- Terence Ching MS, PhD (cand.)
- Dr Elena Argento PhD
- Dr Alan Davis PhD
- Dr Anja Loizaga-Velder PhD
- Dr Draulio de Araujo PhD
- Dr Javier Muniz (FDA) MD
- Mae Johnson (Health Canada) MA
- Mikin Patel (Health Canada) MSc
- Rev. Dr Jessica Rochester DDiv
- Simon Green
- Rita Kočárová MSc, PhD (cand.)
- Ismail Ali JD
- Skylar Sage MA